When it comes to long-term food storage, there isn’t just one good way. There are multiple ways to store food long-term.
Some last longer than others but all of the following methods should be a part of your plan.
A lot of new preppers start their food stores with canned goods and that is a great start. Once you get where you want to be with canned goods, you can move on to more long-term food storage options.
So what are the five layers of long term food storage?
Let’s go over some of the most common ways to store food for an SHTF situation.
The layers are listed in shortest shelf life to the longest shelf life.
- Long Term Food Storage Layer One: Freezer – 1 week to 1 Year
- Long Term Food Storage Layer Two: Dehydrated Foods – 1 Year to 2 Years
- Long Term Food Storage Layer Three: Canned Goods – 2 Years to 5+ Years
- Long Term Food Storage Layer Four: Mylar Packed Foods – 10 Years to 20+ Years
- Long Term Food Storage Layer Five: Freeze Dried Foods – 10 Years to 35+ Years
- How to Store Food in Mylar Bags for the Long Term
- My Patriot Supply 1-Week Food Supply Ammo Can Unboxing
- Preppers Guide to Basic Long Term Food Storage
Music by: https://www.bensound.com